Protect our Progressive Values
Recent upticks in property crime and domestic violence incidents are not an indictment of our progressive, San Francisco values – they are
My record on leading policy reforms is clear. I support:
- Ending mass incarceration
- Eliminating the death penalty in California
- Ending the cash bail system
- Ending criminal justice fees and fines
- Protecting the sentencing reforms under Prop 47
- Ending the war on drugs and replacing it with a war on inequity and lack of opportunity
- Making diversion programs available to all regardless of a person’s ability to pay
- Protecting non-citizen defendants from overly harsh punishment and mandatory deportation
- Reevaluating past sentences to identify people who are not a public safety risk and should be resentenced
- Ensuring that the measure of justice received never depends on the color of someone’s skin or the size of their bank account
Pedestrian and cyclist deaths are preventable. Let’s make it happen. I am lucky enough to have grown up all over our beautiful city. My mom was a renter and that meant we lived everywhere from the Richmond District to Bernal Heights. I remember in 4th grade having a...
San Francisco District Attorney Candidate Suzy Loftus (樂 素 詩) Statement In Response to Public Safety Hearing Today
SAN FRANCISCO (CA) -- Today’s hearing made clear what Suzy hears every day from community members across our city: our criminal justice system is not working and something needs to change. San Francisco needs an experienced leader in the District Attorney’s office....
This week, I sat around a table with youth advocates, criminal justice reformers, union leaders, community members, and city officials for a discussion of what it will take to fundamentally end the incarceration of children as we know it in San Francisco. By way of...
San Francisco District Attorney Candidate Suzy Loftus (樂 素 詩) Announces Bold Vision to Change Juvenile Justice System
SAN FRANCISCO (CA) -- Today Suzy Loftus, candidate for San Francisco District Attorney, released her vision to enact systematic change to juvenile justice policies. The full policy piece can be found here. “We have a responsibility to ensure every child can grow up...
Our criminal justice system is deeply tainted by racially disparate outcomes. Tom and I are raising our three daughters and have always told them that if they work hard and play by the rules, they can achieve anything. But time and time again, top headlines in the...